69 ARRAN RD, CRAWFORDVILLE, FL 32327 - PHONE: 850-926-0065 - FAX: 850-926-0123

Parent and family engagement

  • Over 30 years of research has proven:


    "When parents talk to their children about school, expect them to do well, help them plan for college or a career, and make sure the out-of-school activities are constructive, their children tend to do well in school and life."

    -Florida Department of Education Bureau of Family and Community Outreach


    Your involvement is the key to your child’s success!


    You have the ability to influence your child’s education more than any teacher or school.


    Get to know your school & communicate with teachers.

              Share information about your child’s interests and abilities with teachers

              Ask to see progress reports on your child and the school

              Attend school events

              Visit the classroom

              Volunteer at the school

              Keep teachers informed

              Attend parent-teacher conferences

Parent & Family Engagement Plans

parent-teacher-student compacts

Title I Informational Brochure

Working together

  • Important Documents

    Title I schools work with families as detailed in the following documents:

    ·         School Improvement 


    ·         Parent and Family 

           Engagement Plans

    ·         Parent-Student-Teacher 




Home & school connection

Parent's Right To Know

  • Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Section 1112(e) PARENTS RIGHT-TO-KNOW.

    The Parents Right to Know is distributed to the parents or guardians of students attending Title I schools. Parents can be assured that they will be informed of their child’s level of achievement on Florida Standards Assessment (FSA) and other assessments throughout the school year. Please read below about your rights to know concerning the qualifications of teachers.

    Parents Right to Know

    Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Section 1112(e) PARENTS RIGHT-TO-KNOW.—


    (A) IN GENERAL.—At the beginning of each school year, a local educational agency that receives funds under this part shall notify the parents of each student attending any school receiving funds under this part that the parents may request, and the agency will provide the parents on request (and in a timely manner), information regarding the professional qualifications of the student’s classroom teachers, including at a minimum, the following:


    (i) Whether the student’s teacher—
    (I) has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
    (II) is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and
    (III) is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
    (ii) Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
    (B) ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.—In addition to the information that parents may request under subparagraph
    (A), a school that receives funds under this part shall provide to each individual parent of a child who is a student in such school, with respect to such student—
    (i) information on the level of achievement and academic growth of the student, if applicable and available, on each of the State academic assessments required under this part; and
    (ii) timely notice that the student has been assigned, or has been taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks by, a teacher who does not meet applicable State certification or licensure requirements at the grade level and subject area in which the teacher has been assigned.


    Parents may request:

    Whether a teacher is state certified.

    Whether a teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status.

    The bachelor’s degree major of the teacher and any other graduate degree major or certification.

    Whether a child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.

    The process for requesting information:

    Parents, guardians, or the general public may make request, either in writing or verbally, directly to the school or district office.


    The process for providing information:

    Upon receipt of either a verbal or written request, the information will be provided in a timely manner.

    Requested information will be provided in the same manner in which it was received, i.e. email or letter.